Friday, April 4, 2008

Good Resource/Funny Name

In case you've never heard of this site (www.smogon.com) before, you should definitely check it out! Aside from providing a reference for strategies you may have been thinking about trying out, it also provides information on some of the more technical aspects of the game we all love to play. One thing to keep in mind is that I'm pretty sure all of the EV suggestions the site makes are based of the assumption of a +31 IV (I keep thinking about instrumental variables every time see that), so you may have to adjust accordingly if your pokemon has a less than perfect stat. I hope this helps...

1 comment:

The Arsonist said...

I checked out that site this weekend. Although it's not specifically stated, I get the sense that the strategies listed are for single battle. They constantly reference "swapping out" and very few (if any) movesets contain "Protect" or "Detect".

It seems to be very detailed and helpful in the moveset department. However most of my sets differ but only slightly.