Sunday, November 23, 2008

Collector Extraordinaire

Well, it's taken over a year and a half and more than five hundred hours, but I've almost completed the national Pokedex in my Pearl version. I Played all the way through Fire Red, and I'm currently about halfway through Emerald, but I've hit a snag. I recently discovered that some of these things are going to take way longer than simply beating another game to get access to, and my ultimate goal was to get this done before Platinum hits the shelves in America. So I am sending out an all hands request to complete my National Dex! I've got 33 left to obtain out of 493, all legit so far (I'm including all event onlys even though they're not necessary). Here's the list of what I do not have:

Mew
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Politoed
Sunflora
Yanma
Slowking
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Huntail
Gorebyss
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Electivire
Yanmega
Shaymin
Arceus

As you can see, they're all Pokemon that require certain items, are legendaries that I don't have access to yet, or they're one of those damn Gold/Silver starters that you only get to choose one of after completing the Emerald Dex. So if anyone has any of these, and a wi-fi connection - help a brother out? I might even be willing to drive to you. I'll even take just the items needed, or just one out of an evolution tree. I'm also willing to trade just about anything I've got. Thanks guys.

5 comments:

Zero said...

I should be able to produce anything you need from 3rd gen and earlier. For the starters I'd probably just give you the first forms and let you evolve them.

Ace of Spades said...

I pretty much have everything you need to finish the nat'l dex, but just so you know...No one has the last two pokemon on your list, at least not legitimately. On the positive side though, you don't need them to finish the nat'l dex. As long as you get the first 490, you'll get credit for finishing it.

Ranger_Steve said...

Wonderful! How shall we do this? We could meet somewhere, we could do wi-fi. While we're at it, are there any that you guys might need for breeding or whatnot?

Ace of Spades said...

Question: Are you trying to get all of the pokemon you listed for keeps or just trying to get credit for having caught them on your dex. If its the former, I'd only be willing to give you pokemon that could be bred.

And no, I completed my dex around the beginning of the year, so there isn't really anything I still need except for the pokemon that have yet to be released. I'd happily take tm's for them though.

Ranger_Steve said...

I only need credit for the nonbreedable, but if I could get an egg or basic of any of the others to keep, that would be appreciated. And name your TMs; if I have them or can get them, they're yours.