Friday, October 26, 2007

Opinions and ideas wanted

Alright, here's is my dilemma. I have a Camerupt with great IV's, a good nature, and the right ability trained up for my gym team, but I'm afraid I may have messed it up. It's current moveset is Roar, Amnesia, Lava Plume, and Earth Power, but I'm thinking I should go back and breed Ancient Power onto it or redo it's EV's and give it Stone Cut so it will have a Rock attack. In all my calculations, I've become rather afraid of it coming up against a Flying type pokemon that is resistant to Fire attacks, since it won't be able to squat to it no matter how good its Sp. ATK stat is. Any suggestions about which course I should take or any other creative ideas?

5 comments:

PureNell said...

Personally, thats the reason why Im a bit more anxious about my Probopass (aside from his disgusting weaknesses). If I made his main attack "Earth Power", he'd be a sitting duck for flying types. And my old Mismagius was WORTHLESS against Normal types.

Give it a different move unless you are confident enough to fight a foe using a "not effective" attack.

Actually, now that I think about it, how many flying types are resistant to Fire? (Flying Pokemon, I mean)

Zero said...

MIKETV:
Right now you're mainly looking at problems from Flying/Water, and Flying Dragon. If you're gonna have Roar, this would be the time to use it. Otherwise, I'd say swap Roar for a third attack option. Either Stone Edge or Rock Slide (since Camerupt's attack should still be pretty nice). As a last resort rebreed with Ancient Power, but if you have one with good IVs, as you said, I'd try to work with it before rebreeding.

PURENELL:
As a heavy user of Normal/Flying types, I can attest that Rock Types are a major concern for me. Staraptor aside, my birds will get out of there, or bank on its teamate to take out the opposed Rock Type. Even if Probopass doesn't have a STAB'ed Rock move (presumably due to the lack of SA rock moves available), giving it Thunderbolt should resolve any problems Earth Power can't.

Mike TV said...

Yeah, the attack is still decent, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't pull some EV's out of HP (right now it's at 252 SP. ATK, 252 HP and 6 DEF) and pump them into the physical attack stat to give Stone Edge a boost.

Ace of Spades said...

My first question would be what is its hidden power? Maybe it's an attack that would help you out (electric would be pretty sweet). It seems like it would be a shame to waste a strong pokemon.

Mike TV said...

I forget what exactly it is, but hte hidden power in't anything useful. I would have loved ice or electric or grass even, but no such luck.