Monday, May 4, 2015

Dragon Gym Leader: Nicholas Johnson Interview

Here is the interview with Dragon Gym Leader Nicholas Johnson. We talked about being gamers engaged to women who understand our lifestyle, me possibly crashing the wedding dressed as John McClane, our fevered rivalry, and the bounty I put on him using Robyn Stanford......
Me: Ok welcome to the show Nicholas.
How fairs the cheese eating Dragon Gym Leader?
Nicholas: Busy very busy lol
Me: I see. So why Dragon Types?
Nicholas: Well when I first joined the ECPL ... FOREVER AGO!!!! .... Dragon was the only
type I kinda felt I fell into ... Ghost and Dark were already taken .... so 3rd place would be dragons ^.^
and who doesn't like OP pokemans?
Me: So ghost would be your favorite type?
Nicholas: OMG YES!!!!! They have the best descriptions and the best fan made fiction ......
just .... makes you think how deep pokemon goes.
Me: Ok. So what's your favorite Pokemon?
Nicholas: Duskull by far!
However I do have an Umbreon Tattoo ... Duskull just seems like my "Pikachu"
ME: No dusknor?
Nicholas: DUSKULL LOOKS SO LOVEABLE (Not by bad children though)
Ducknoir is not cuddly looking lol
Me: Well you are married. So of course you want cuddly things.
Oops, engaged. Lol so when is the wedding?
Nicholas: August 29th ^.^
Me: Oh. Coming up. Not to give you jitters, but you nervous?
Nicholas: Of course .... but not for the reason I think most people are .... I'm more
worried about making this the best day of my future wife's life ^.^
Me: My brother had the same statement when I asked him that on his bachelor party night.
How long have you been together?
Nicholas: Two years last month ^.^
Me: Congrats. So how did you both meet?
Nicholas: Well I was her boss for a few months .... then when I left her store, she found
me on FB .... started liking EVERY POST I MADE ... then after we talked for a month or
so I asked her out to a movie .....
Me: Nice. And the rest is history. And as much as I want to make a sexual reference to
you being her boss, that's your soon to be wife, so I'll let it go. Lol any plans for children?
Nicholas: She wants kids once she gets out of medical school ... she is currently a Medical
Assistant ... but wants to be a full fledged nurse.
Me: Ok. Definitely a respectable career. And what do you do for a living?
Nicholas: I'm a convenience store manager ... for anyone down in PA or lower it's called
Wawa ..... pretty popular place lol
ME: Oh my god. Your ECPL's Dante. Lol
Nicholas: HAHAHAHA
Me: So what else beside Pokemon are you playing?
Nicholas: OH WOW .... What don't I play .... Ummmm ... COD: Advanced Warfare .....
Mortal Kombat ..... Borderlands ..... Destiny .... pretty much devour my life
Me: What systems do you currently own?
Nicholas: The only one I currently don't own is an Xbox 1
Me: You fucking up man. How am I supposed to rip your head off outside of football season?
Moving on, how does your fiance deal with being engaged to a gamer?
Nicholas: I didn't buy one just so I could stay away from you .... I mean ... you could
keep bugging me about it ... get it? lol Oh wow ... umm ... I honestly dont even know
how she handles it lol .. I get home from work ... eat dinner with her at 11pm-12am ....
then she passes out next to me while I play hahaha .... she has just came to accept it I think lol ...
Me: Sounds like my woman. Lol and you will suffer for your disrespect Johnson!!!!
So does she play with you? The video game I mean. Lmao
Nicholas: Hahahaha We are actually into different games .... but If i but in Smash
Bros ... or anything else two player she will play with me
Me: Ok
Nicholas: She is more into the platformer games lol .. I guess nostalgia lol
Me: I get mines to play injustice one in a awhile. So what other hobbies do you have outside of games?
Nicholas: Between getting the wedding together .... working 50+ hour weeks ..... and keeping up
with all the games I play ... I don't have much room for other Hobbies lol
Me: Understandable. Gonna have a normal wedding or is it gonna have a twist?
Nicholas: Hahaha we have about 90 people ... not too huge .... and we are doing a kinda
Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding .....
our colors are gold and blue .... roses everywhere .... being held at a manson by the house
Me: Jesus. So a rose petals gonna fall apart and you die only to be resurrected?
Lol so what's your plans for the bachelor party?
Nicholas: "That's the game plan" - Jessica HAhahahaah
Me: Is she reading this?
Nicholas: no but I told her what you said Haha
Me: Lol so what's your plans for the bachelor party?
Nicholas: not into the whole bachelor party thing ... might go hang out and chill
with my groomsmen ... but nothing too crazy
Me: Lol well tell I said hello and thank her as well for being one of the few women
able to accept a man that's a gamer. My first bachelor party involved doing a podcast
and drinking a mixed drink my friend found called dragons blood. Cinnamon Aftershock,
Gordons Vodka, and Sprite. Ugh. Never again
Nicholas: "Not just a gamer, a pokemon gamer .... they are completely different, a whole new level" - Jessica
Hahahaha Dragons blood? ..... you killed a DRAGON!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
Me: Rofl man you found the perfect woman.
And yes i slayed a dragon as my rite of passage
I dropped from the cavern ceiling and choked the life force out of him.
don't you know the tales of Darryl and his awesome crit rolling skills?
Nicholas: Hehe Ask Robyn about my Crit skills haha .... just so clutch lol
Me: Yeah, but Robyn doesn't wishbone Chimeras and set Dragon Turtles on fire. Bottom line,
you and me buddy, we gonna always be on opposite sides of the fight for as long as we breathe....
Nicholas: Hahaha 49ers fan
Me: Has Jessisca ever accompanied you to Magfest?
Nicholas: Yea the last two years ^.^ ... the first year she was the girl passed out next to me
the whole time .... year two she finally went around and played some arcade games while I battled people ^.^
... obviously you are a bug .... if you don't drop from the ceiling you aint doing something right lol
Oh ..... I was also the Dragon Gym Leader for MAGfest also .... Love doing this ^.^
Me: So did you enter any tournaments at last year's Magfest?
Stinking cheese head
Nicholas: OMG!!!!!! I was so upset with MAGfest and how they got their info released to the public ....
I didn't know about any of the computer LAN tournaments TILL THE DAY OF THEM .... SO League of Legends,
Smite .... all the LAN computer games I play ... I couldn't enter because I left my computer at home ...
and didn't expect anything really
I wanna get a gaming laptop for next year so I can bring it easily ... and enter ALL OF THEM lol
Me: You poor soul. See myself I'm not a PC gamer, but I feel your agony. So you mentioned earlier
you have the new Mortal Kombat. What characters do you use?
Nicholas: ERMAC!!!!! ERMAC IS ONE
However everyone uses Scorpion .. he is so over powered ... I now use scorpion when someone
else does ... because I also know how to use him hahaha
Me: Smh. I faced an Erma user at the tournament I entered for MKX. Everyone thought he was gonna
take the damn thing.....till I introduced him to an icy hell
Nicholas: dude .... sub zero is so over rated lol
he has one combo lol
let me slide kick then freeze you lol
Me: And scorpion is easy to use. Throw spear, do xxy (square square triangle for you station owners)
teleport, due superman punch. Smh
Nicholas: Yea I hate battling scorpion lol
just because he is the flavor of the month lol
Me: Sub-Zero has multiple combos, but only in cyromamcer and grandmaster
Nicholas: the one everyone spams .... Ice slide freeze .. then grab ..... they spam it .... and it sucks
Me: Moving on, what would you say is the lost challenging thing about being Dragon GL?
Having to live up the likes of Lance and whatnot?
Nicholas: I use a very beastly Dragonite just to Honor Lance
Me: Sweet. What hardships have you faced since being dragon GL?
Nicholas: The introduction of fairies lol .... Just because it gave me something I had to now think about ....
and everyone uses the most OP ones!! lol leave azumarill at home please
Me: Can you blame them. They're here to win man. So what would you say is your gym's mascot?
Nicholas: Mascot? .... I would have to say Dragonite ... however Dragalge is such a monster
..... I can go into a fight with out Dragonite .... but I cannot leave Dragalge sitting on
the side lines ... he will always be there ....
Me: K. Next question. What would you do I Daenrys Tagaryn showed up at your gym?
Nicholas: She has but three .... I have legions.
So I would do nothing ... she will know her place.
Me: But she could control the legions. Her or the green ranger....
Nicholas: She doesn't have enough badges HAHAHAHAHA
Me: Ooooh Brotality!!!!
Any siblings?
Nicholas: I have one .... who is actually the electric gym leader for MAGfest .....
He doesnt play pokemon as often as I
Me: So no sibling rivalry in games?
Nicholas: not really .... we use to all the time ... back when FF11 hit ....
we would also be talking about who was the higher level and who had the best things lol
always not also ^ lol
Me: Lol ok have you and the Mrs. ever make any bets involving games?
Nicholas: not really any bets ..... I mostly win lol ... she knows better
then to bet on any type of game lol
Me: Ok. Have you two ever gotten into an argument over games?
Nicholas: "We are not a normal couple" - Jessica lol ..
I had to ask her .....
we rarely fight ... RARELY
Me: Same here. I actually enjoy the fact that I can count on one hand the number of fights me and my woman have had
Nicholas: GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! its great lol
You ready for your kid ^.^ .... so excited for you!!!
Me: My second kid. Lol yes and no. Like my father used to say, nothing can prepare you for children.
Nicholas: I know it's your number 2 ^.^ .... big man over here setting himself up a legion of ants lol
Me: watch yourself scale face. I'll come a knocking on your cave door and make a daedric armor from.your corpse....
So man to man, I need to know, how much are you spending on your wedding? Cause im currently the
only income in my household and I worry somedays that me and her might not be able to have the wedding
she wants. She doesn't want anything extravagant but I just need an idea of what im gonna be getting into
Nicholas: Think our wedding is like 5-6k
Me: Jesus. I'm trying to keep it under 4
Nicholas: saving up for a while though .... her income is pretty much all usable.
lol thats completely doable
just depends on where and WHEN you have it
Me: See we were supposed to get married this month, but a lot of stuff happened
last year so we had to postpone
She wants to have it at hersheys botanical gardens
Nicholas: that looks amazing!
Me: And that date will always be may 15th. Our anniversary. The day we went on our first date and I asked her to be my woman
Nicholas: That date is almost here!
Me: I know. 3 years man.
Nicholas: good stuff ^.^
Me: So what anime or shows are you currently watching?
Nicholas: Currently watching GOTHAM!!!!!! best show man ....
Animes .... i haven't really found a good one .... trying to get into Black Butler ...
but I haven't been trying hard lol
Me: My fiance keeps kicking my butt for not watching it. Especially since im a huge batman
fan (for Halloween I want to be batman, dress my oldest as night wing and the baby as robin).
Nicholas: OMG!!!!!!
Me: Black butler is good. But only the first season. And book of circus. Which I believe
takes place in sometime during season one
Nicholas: Man gotham is so good ... they have it set primarily on the villains and you get to see it all begin!!!
Me: What? I've been to preoccupied with the flash, supernatural, secrets and lies and blacklist
Nicholas: They don't follow exactly how the comic plays out .... but they do a very very good job
Dude ... stop with the flash ... pick up Gotham lol
Me: No show ever really follows the written version. Except game of thrones. And I can't. It's getting so good. Lol
Nicholas: Game of thrones kinda jumps a round a bit....
Me: So have you watched sword art online?
Nicholas: YES SAO 4LYF
Me: Yo word to the starburst stream!!!
Second season was even as good as the first. It's what really sold me on destiny
Nicholas: I wish they had an SAO MMO lol
JUST DO IT ALREADY
EVERYONE WANTS ONE
lol
Me: Man, I think that would be the first time in life I would actually be a PC gamer.
I just wanna fight the skull reaper
Nicholas: Death gun homie ... Death GUN ....
Me: Speaking of the skull reaper (which they stated on the show was the most challenging
foe they ever faced) what would you say is the most challenging game you've ever played?
And dark souls don't count
And death gun wasn't a real threat. He was only a threat because he had outside help.
My thunderlord would rip him to pieces
Nicholas: BattleToads ....
hardest game .... of my life
Me: I think that's an under statement
Hardest boss fight?
Nicholas: any side scrolling punch'em up game really lol
FF10 I think .... thign had like 20 forms
or it felt that way
JUST DIE ALREADY!!!!!!
Me: FF10? Final fantasy boss?
Nicholas: yea lol
maybe not the hardest ... but the FING LONGEST BOSS FIGHT EVER
Me: Ok. Yeah, Lady Yunalesca was a bitch. She ranks up there in my top 5 of hardest bosses
Nicholas: I really only played story so I didn't grind too many lvls lol
like I think everyone does in FF games
but that ... ugh ...
Me: Last ff game I played was ten. And I didn't beat it cause the chick I was having "relations"
with at the time saved over my save file. Smh. I was so pissed. She had to go after that
Nicholas: HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Me: Looking forward to any games coming up in the next few months?
Nicholas: umm .... I was told by a friend I'm preordering Splatoon ...
so I guess that>
Nintendo is haviong a direct about it soon I think
Me: Lol don't you love when friends do that?
Nicholas: lol
always
Me: I just want to know what's the next Pokemon game. You know Nintendo barely shows at E3
Speaking of, looking forward to anything from E3
Nicholas: no idea ... havent looked at it hahahaha
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
the next Rare game .... Yuka-Laylee? ... or something it's in kickstarter
They showed it at e3
Me: Smh Rare just should go die already. Moving on. If you could any song play in the
background during a battle at your gym, what would it be and why?
Nicholas: Hmmmm .... Maybe ... Mudvayne "Not Falling"
It was the main song for a movie called Ghost Ship
Watched that movie ... fell in love with not only the movie .. but the song too lol
Me: Listened to the first 30 seconds. Awesome choice. Ok so say you entering a gaming
tournament. They announce your name. You enter the arena, what song plays as your entrance?
Nicholas: I listen to music every match I battle actually lol .... At MAGFest I had head phones on ... keeps my mind concentrated lol
Centuries by fall out boy .... ... Or the highlander theme song ....
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES!!!!!!!!
Me: Nice.
Nicholas: Hahaha I can see me walking into a boxing ring with that song BLOWING THE PLACE UP lol
Me: So a few more questions and we can call it a night.
Nicholas: your good lol I can do this all night lol great company lol
Me: I saw for your proposal you did something involving spiders for your fiance. I take it she's into horror?
Nicholas: HAHAHAHAHAHA I force her into horror things .... It was actually the day before
Halloween ... and I wanted to make it big ^.^ ... we had no decorations .... and I didn't wanna do a
small proposal ... all those decorations costs a pretty penny at my local "Spirit Store" ... those bums over price everything lol
Me: I know man. It's highway robbery at its finest. I remember seeing the pics. So she wasn't bugging out?
Oh god now im doing it. Smh damn you Johnson!!!!!
Nicholas: HAhahaha I think our cat was more worried about wtf was going on lol
Me: Rofl sounds like my cat. Sigh I miss her. Moving along, if you could use one legendary in your gym, what would it be and why?
Nicholas: Giratina .... my name in game is Lucifer/Unholy ... only fits ^.^
ALSO GHOST DRAGON
hahaha
Me: Lol I so wish I could use him competively
If you could take your fiance anywhere for your honeymoon, where would it be?
Nicholas: Most likely ... to France .... where the story of Beauty and the Beast
originated ....... just travel around and visit all the castles ....
Me: What made you two choose this theme?
Nicholas: obviously I'm ugly and she is a bomb shell lol
hahahaha jk jk
Me: Lmao
Nicholas: she has always liked it ... but I'm a beefy guy ... in both ways ...
fat and muscular ........ so it kinda fits pretty well
ME: When did you know she was the one?
Nicholas: when you find a girl who brags that your a gym leader for the ECPL to her friends ...
and they call me childish and random names (You know the uninformed about how competitive this
thing actually gets) she stuck by my side .... and hasn't been anything but supporting my this gaming addiction ....
Me: Are these friends women?
Nicholas: obviously lol HAHAHAHAHAH
Me: Yeah, if I was single I would woo all her friends, sleep with them, dump them, move onto the next one
till i had slept with all of them. Then I would let it slip that I slept with one of them till they all
found out. Then I would feign ignorance and say they came onto me after the break up and say that they said
"I had a thing for you but i didnt want her to find out. she is my friend" I would then sit back and let them
tear each other part while eating popcorn and drinking a Code Red. BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Nicholas: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Me: I suppose they rather her be with a tool who works out and does dumb jock shit all day.
At least your trying to make am honest woman of her. That should count. Tell you what, if you
want, I'll come to your wedding and turn those broads against each other. Bwahahahahaha
Nicholas: hahahaha she doesn't talk to too many of them anymore I think ....
its mostly her mom her aunt or my family lol
Me: Ah. Nothing I can do there. I follow bro code my friend
Nicholas: lol
come by .... we can start a Die hard tradition
Me: Lol who do we get to play Hans?
Nicholas: Hahaha great question hahahaha
Me: Well I guess I could crash the wedding dressed as John McClain. The bald head is gonna be a problem though....
Nicholas: Bald cap
lets go!
Me: that could work. Paintballs or air soft gun?
K lets get these last two questions out so I can type this up. In your time as gym leader, who would you say was your most difficult challenger?
Nicholas: They are all challenging ... each one has their own merits ..... and they all have great teams ....
paint ball ... come F some stuff up lol
Me: Ari gold style. Love it. Ok last question. You have been credited for stopping hurricane Robyn.
For now.....how long do you think it will be before she slays your beast and brings me their heads as trophies?
You think that it just so happens she's targeting you? No buddy, I put a bounty out on that ass.
I will have your dragons hides and make beautiful armor and weapons with their corpses. Mwahahahaha
Nicholas: I think the next match she has me .... with only five pokemon though ... she has showed me
all her cards now... as she has known mine since the first battle
Don't make me go try hard lol
Me: Bring it on fool! I'll see you im the rotation tournament. *in Shang Tsung voice* YOU WILL DIE!
Nicholas: Shang Tsung is dead and history homie JUST LIKE YOU WILL BE ...
spin you around so much all eight of your eyes will be crossed
Me: When Robyn's done with your crushing your gym like the relics they are, im gonna come in and stand
over the mound that will be their corpses. And when they look up to me, eyes begging for mercy, I'll simply look down and say "No"
Anyway you've been a great guest. Congrats on the wedding. Too bad your woman's marrying a dead man......
Nicholas: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting ..... Old Bug Leader .....
Thank you for your time ^.^ it has been fun!
Me: Indeed. And just like Michael I'll see you in hell....
Nicholas: Goodnight homie! ^.^ till the next play off game lol

No comments: