Friday, May 15, 2015

Trainer Interview with Bradley Kreuger

Me: welcome to the show. So how did u come to join the ECPL?

Bradley: I had learned about ECPL through Adam Guringo the current Poison Gym Leader
and was invited to join and play.

Me: Ah. So what's your favorite type?

Bradley: Honestly I don't believe I have a favorite type, but you could say it would
be Dragon if I had to pick one.

Me: Favorite Pokemon?

Bradley: Dragonite he was the first dragon.

Me: K. Is he currently in your team?

Bradley: No he is not sadly.  I didn't think he fit my team.

Me: Who is in your team?

Bradley: I have Clefable, Diggersby, Mega Medicham, Dededen, Weezing, Clawitzer, Crawdant,
Goodra and Vivillion.. sorry about that couldn't remember

Me: Its ok. And I approve of the Vivillion. Do you play any games outside of pokemon?

Bradley: I play a lot of games when I get the chance out side of pokemon

Me: Ok. What systems do you currently own?

Bradley: Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii U (gave my wii to my
father in law) Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, XBox, XBox 360, 3DS sadly
have misplaced all other gameboys

Me: Very nice. Gonna need tour gamer tag after this. Lol so seeing as your probably
the only other person in the ECPL with a baby, do you often times find it hard managing
time between work, gaming, and fatherhood?

Bradley: Oh yes I'm lucky to have family near by to watch my son while me and my wife work.
I basically get time to game during work if we are not busy and late nights which ends up
being maybe 3 times a week.  I tried four days in a row and that did not work for me.

Me: Damn. I know the feeling. I just got done pulling a 4 day work week. all closes. So how old is your son?

Bradley: He is two and he is the most he can be at that age. He has figured out how to unlock our garage to
go out there half the time he hands me the childs plugs for our outlets.

Me: Lmao. Mines knows how to turn on the Xbox one using the controller and the Xbox. Smh
So do you believe your son is going to be a gamer?

Bradley: I will teach him the ways smile emoticon Yeah he has already turned on the 360
and made a profile for himself.  I hope he plays a lot but hopefully he goes out side a lot too.

Me: Lol yeah im not playing that be in all day crap. Maybe when a new game comes out, but yeah,
he's gonna be getting some kind of exercise. Now when we were growing up the most violent game
we had was mortal kombat for Sega. When your son comes to age, are you going to be cautious of
what he plays? Simply put are you going to follow the ESRB ratings?

Bradley: He will play the games he is ready for no 7 year old playing COD

Me: Thank you. Now the way I want to do it is if I feel hes mature enough I'll let him play, but
if I feel he ain't ready, he will not be playing whatever he game may be. Man this opens up a whole
slew of questions I haven't been able to ask my other guest. Lol So I've seen videos of people buying
4 and 5 year olds Xbox ones and ps4s. At what age do you feel a child is ready for a gaming console of such substantial value?

Bradley: When he is mature enough to take care of his toys

Me: Ok. See I believe kids should be started out with a cartridge based game system.
Snes, genesis. Etc. I think the fact a lot of parents buy their kids disc based game
systems knowing they can't even take care of a DVD is madness.
What was the one toy as a kid you really wanted but your parents wouldn't get?

Bradley: Honestly I don't think there was one I was lucky enough to get gaming systems
and games of course after they have been out for a bit so they were cheaper

Me: Ok. So as a child you were blessed with nice things. Are you gonna have your son earn
certain things or will you just give it to him if your able to when he asks?

Bradley: He will earn I was never able to ask for things.. I had to wait for xmas for big toys

Me: Very nice. At what age will you take him to his first magfest

Bradley: Thats a good question... maybe as a teen hopefully that wont be my first magfest

Me: Lmao. Ok. So eventually your son will stumble onto Pokemon. How do you think you'll
react the first time he challenges you to a Pokemon battle?

Bradley: I will make him cry or I hope I do

Me: Lol do you currently play any games with your son?

Bradley: Funny story he likes to watch me play Lego City Undercover and some times play
it just by drving the cars fowards and back

Me: Ok. Would you be able to tell us about the day your son was born?

Bradley: It was a glorious day but very scary cause he was such a punk we had to get a c-section

Me: Rofl. Oh man. That was too funny

Bradley: He gave us so much trouble we had to go to the hospiital every week just to check on him

Me: Wow. Well im glad he was born healthy. Plans for another?

Bradley: We want to but my wife wants to lose some weight so we don't have any issues again.

ME: Ok. Understandable.
So what else are you into
Anime, tv shows, etc?

Bradley: I like anime haven't seen much in a while the latest I have been watching is SOA
but it all started in the 90's when I was in Okinawa Japan watching Dragon Ball Z in pure
japanese no subtitles.  I watch few tv shows, Once Upon a Time, Daredevil, Orange is the
New Black, Sleepy Hallow, so many its hard to name and also watch since we watch those when my son is asleep.

Me: K. Any shows you watch with your son? For instance I watch WWE with mine.

Bradley: Most the shows I watch with my son are cartoons. He loves Curious George most the time me and my
wife make fun of it cause its just wrong.  We got him to start watching Pixar movies and I have now seen
all three toy stories one hundred times.  Everything we watch is through Hulu Plus and Netflix.  I canceled
cable TV only sucks cause I can't watch anything CBS

Me: I feel you. My son is into Super Why and sesame street and a few others.
Most parents have a no video games during the school week rule regardless of how
their grades are. Is this a rule you will enforce on your son?

Bradley: I probably will give him maybe some time if and only if he has finished
his homework but school comes first before anything else.

Me: Good man. Into any sports?

Bradley: I'm a big Hockey fan but I do watch Football when I get the chance.
Sadly I have to listen since there is no way to stream anything like that on
the internet with out paying for it.

Me: True. Or you could get an antenna during football season. What's your football team?

Bradley: My football team is the Vikings because its kinda where I'm from.. Military Brat
so I have lived almost every where and most my family lives in Minnesota.  Yeah antenna will
work I just need to get it hooked up now.

Me: K. Are you gonna make your son a Vikings fan?

Bradley: Yes of course but its a battle in the house for his Hockey team

ME: Lol and your hockey team is?

Bradley: The Wild and my wifes is the Hurricanes.. we did think of a comparise and said we
could get two jeresys and sew them together for our son.

Me: Smh you two are gonna confuse that poor kid. Lol so who does your son side with more? You or your wife?

Bradley: Himself but if i'm messing with my wife she can call for him and he will run to protect her.

Me: Lol like any son would. Have you introduced your son to anything you were into as a child?

Bradley: Trying to get him to like TMNT he has a cool chair and he eats off a little folding
table with chairs.  When the time comes he will learn what Star Wars is.

Me: Will the force be strong with that one?

Bradley: Yes on the Sith side just like his father.

Me: Good man. Will you have a light saber as well?

Bradley: I already have my Double Bladed Darth Maul one and my wife got me a green one hander

Me: I have the Darth maul one as well. My son tried to wield it but is not ready. But he can wield my bone scythe

Bradley: Yeah I remember seeing the picture of that on Facebook.  My son can deal with both but clumsly.

Me: What Gen of Pokemon will you start your son on?

Bradley: Probably gen five since it will be most available to him.  Unless I get an extra 3DS then he can go 6

Me: K. Few more questions and we can call it a night. Do you own any skylanders?

Bradley: Oddly enough I do because when I got my Wii U it came in the Skylanders Bundle so I got
the three it started with.  I only got it because it also came with mario kart and a classic controller
for same price as the skylanders bundle alone

Me: If not for that would you use your son as an excuse to buy them?

Bradley: If I got a chance to play it probably I didn't even think it would be fun until I booted
it up.  Got my father to play with me and he enjoyed it too.

Me: Have you ever used your son as an excuse to buy something?

Bradley: Nope I have a collection of Star Wars Lego sets that say other wise of course my
 wife got me two of them.  Like most guys just a big kid at heart.

Me: Preaching to the choir
what's one thing you would like to pass on to your son as his father?

Bradley: Confidence that is one thing I wish I had when I was younger and learn as I got older.

Me: Ok. And what's something you would like to pass on to him as a gamer?

Bradley: My love for RPGs

Me: Would you ever name your child after a fictional character?

Bradley: Actually me and my wife agree that if we have a daughter her name would be Harley Quinn

Me: Awesome sauce. If me and her decide to try for another and I have a girl, her name will be Khaleesi.
Have you ever done something and pinned it on your son?

Bradley: I always do things and blame my son but my wife doesn't fall for it sadly this caused my son to
kick a paper my wife was reading then point at me like I did it... probably the funniest thing ever.

Me: Lmao. Ok how often does your sons radar go off when you and the mrs are trying to have relations?

Bradley: Actually he has been pretty good sleeping in his bed but thats of course if he falls asleep
there some times he crashes in ours if we are too tired to get him to his own.

Me: K. Last question. You and the boy are lying in wait for your wife to get home. You each have a nerf gun. Who shoots her first?

Bradley: Who ever is fastest on the trigger.  Hopefully the wife isn't coming in with a set of her own nerf guns.

Me: Lol well brad its been great having you. May your son grow up to have my kid thrash him at Magfest in the Pokemon league. Lol

Bradley: Oh he will be ready for the battle when the time comes. .Thanks for having me.

Me: Till next time

Bradley: Next time

No comments: