Monday, May 4, 2015

Trainer Interview: Kevin Ortiz

Ok, so this week I actually did two trainer interviews (me and Kevin Ortiz kept missing each other in terms of scheduling, lol) so here's the interview with Kevin. We discussed not only the finer aspects of equality in gaming but also how to survive prison. Also included is the possibility of him starting a rivalry with one of our current rising stars.....
Me: Anyway welcome to the show Mr. Ortiz.
How did you come to he part of the ECPL?
Kevin: Its a long story...I have my friends to thank for talking up Magfest for three years until I finally went
Me: How was your first Magfest?
Kevin: Wonderful. I felt so included and fabulous in my Wallace cosplay. Team Aqua for life!
And a extra special shout out to Jonny Boy and ChaosSunfulRose.
See I had no idea what to expect. However, ECPL made me feel normal for once. Lol
Not that I don't feel normal....its just I am a struggling pokeholic and having folks to
talk to and indulge in one of my childhood favorites is magical to say the least.
Me: Well were all pokeholics here. Lol favorite type?
Kevin: I feel like most people know this by now. I haven't been quite about it. It's the fairy type.
Me: Wow. I'm actually shocked. Hate those little buggers. Lol so how many badges
have you claimed since joining our group?
Kevin Ortiz
*cue shocked crowd sound bit* Well only the Fairy bagde...and gotten close to the
electric one. I had to reset my team unfortunately
So currently zero.
Me: Hey nothing wrong with that. So who does your team comprise of?
Kevin: That's a tough question. Do you mean my signature team or my fairy mono or my
current gym challenge team?
Me: Signature and gym challenge
Kevin Ortiz: My signature team has been by my side for a long time. They are the
ones who have stolen my heart away to say the least. They are Altaria, Ampharos,
Roserade, Mismaguis, Starmie, and Mawile.
My gym challenge team I cant recall off the top of my head.
Me: That is most certainly a unique team.
You claim you're a pokeholic. How often do you play Pokemon?
Kevin: Thank you sir! Its seen a lot...
Lets just say I have broken 300 hours several times over the last couple main series
games and I'm no stranger to spin off like mystery dungeon and Pokemon conquest...or
shuffle or rumble world....
Me: Never really got into the mystery dungeon games. But conquest is definitely one I
plan on getting my hands on eventually. So what systems do you own?
Kevin: Just my handy dandy 3DS....but in my youth I had an Xbox, gamecube, and
Nintendo 64. My busy lifestyle doesn't allow much console play. But I love Halo,
Call of Duty, Smash bros, Minecraft, Mario Party and Sonic games.....the list goes on.
Me: Ok. What are you playing right now besides Pokemon?
Kevin: Pokemon....
Is that not an Answer? Lol
I want to get my hands on Mortal Kombat X!
Me: Yeah your not gonna want to do that. I'd hate to have to destroy you with sub-zero.
Lol but that game is definitely worth the $59.99 price tag. So any other hobbies beside Pokemon?
Kevin: You haven't seen anything until you have faced me as Sindel or Kitana! Edinia for life.
I'm an artist. From song writing to ink sketches to acting. But my biggest passion is Dance.
Darryl Bowers
10:41pm
Darryl Bowers
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but sindel might not be playable. Now kitana, shit
ain't no one worried about those damn fans. Lol.
Ok another man of the arts. Nice. Watching any current anime or tv shows?
Kevin: You watch yourself, Bowers. I'll have you know back in the day she was murder.
And the beauty behind the fans is you'll never see that final strike coming.
Sindel....oh my queen. What have they done....those fools.
Me: Only fan she'll be using is the one to cool me off when I heat her.
I know. She was top tier in MK9
Kevin: Fairytail. Its my life. I want to get the insignia tattooed on my foot. Also
attack on titan and high school of the dead. Also I'm a sucker for Oran Host Club.
I shall hold my tounge. Just remember all girls become woman but not all woman are
ladies. She is a lady and we don't beat ladies, Bowers.
Me: I can't get into fairy tail for the life of me. Manga or anime. Highschool of
the dead has been a bitter pill since the hiatus of the manga. Ouran host club is
by far the most hilarious anime I've ever seen next to highschool dxd and assassination
classroom. The episode where honey's bear got dirty lmao classic. "save us Mori sempai!!!"
Yeah. We don't beat women. Unless its certain activities. Giggity
Kevin: ......here we go! Lol remember your safe words kiddies.
I really just said that. I'm going to hell
Sorry we live in 50 shades of grey society..... That book ruined us. All of us...
Me: Lmao buddy dealing with me you'll go further then hell. Mwahahaha. So what do you do for a living?
Kevin: Full time student and part time street walker...you can find me on the corner of 16th and U
Me: And never read it. Refuse to read it or watch the movie adaptation.
"hey lets release it valentines day." For all you idiots reading this that took they
significant other to that movie and didn't get none that night, your idiots!
Sorry about the rant.
And ok what are you in school studying?
Kevin: LMFAO shoes... I'm an ex mall rat turned retail guru
That's why my hair is so big. Its full of secrets
Me: Nothing wrong with being a mallrat. Just tell that damn kid to get off the escalator.
Kevin: Lol and Dance. I'm In school foe Dance. Classically Ballet trained in the
RAD school of thought with a touch of Ceccetti. Modern is part Graham, Dunham, and
Lestor Horton. Broadway tap, social Latin ballroom, and jazz styles. Last put not least
I am trained for DRAG (Dressed Resembling a Girl) character roles such as the evil
step sisters in Cinderella. Which is danced on Pointe shoes.
And street styles like Femme Vouge and house.
Me: Damn. Jack of all trades.
Kevin: Master of all. Lol
Me: So if Misty fought May in a Pokemon battle, who would win?
Kevin: Well ballet and modern
....I want to say Misty because I would hope as a gym leader she would be able to handle her shit....but May. Its May.
Me: Yeah. Misty has fallen off. Way off.
Kevin: ....if only she evolved her Horsea and learned to really use Starmie and trained a lanturn...than we're talking.
Me: She ain't built for that. Lol
Since you joined ecpl, would you say that your time playing completive Pokemon has increased?
Kevin: Hell yes. Omg as if I could even hold a candle to some of you. I've had to
completely go back to basics and get into using items more and break my mono fairy
groove I had going. So yeah...thanks (I mean it)
Damn it! She is elite four material! she needs to wake up from that day dream. Ash is
NEVER coming back. And she's better off....She needs a real man like Brawly
Me: Lol hey I had to make the same transition when I first joined. Didn't really IV
train or anything. Then I joined after my first magfest and even though I was able
to obtain 3 badges when I was trainer, I hit a wall when I ran up against normal.
And whoa there buddy. Ash and misty all day. Don't tell me your one of those NarutoxSakura fans,
cause we bout to have beef, ya dig?
Kevin: I knew the queen of the Faires game well. I have used similar pink arts before.
I also had Reign my Empolean and namesake. I hope she makes me a grunt of her gym. That would be rad.
Everything after her gym was a GIANT wall for me.
Look Sakura could do better too! Shikamaru was bae okay?
Ash left her. He never once has looked back.
Me: Cause ash that dude. Lol so since your the only person who keeps up with Naruto,
what's your take on how the manga ended and the direction its heading with the future
Kevin: Hahahahahahaa I don't keep up with it. Sorry I mislead you. I watched the
show and know the names. Team Tsunadai (I know that is wrong) all day. All praise the slug!
Me: Hey she got some awesome assets......lol moving on ok what would you say is the
most challenging aspect of being a trainer in the ECPL?
Kevin: That is tricky. I feel like for me is honestly not spamming my fellow trainers
with giveaways. I'm really addicted to giving away shit. Just call me Oprah.
Also...winning lol
Me: Dammit Oprah. You give away too much!!!!
What was your first Pokemon?
Kevin? That she/I does/do.
I honestly don't recall. I want to say it was squirtle because i have a memory of
falling in love with wartortle's ears.
And then being disappointed when he went bald.....*cough cough* Dragonair.
Me: It's ears? You sound like my one Ex. She would sit there for hours messing
with my ears. Like i was a damn puppy. Smh moving on what is your favorite Pokemon?
Kevin: And can we talk about how sexy Flechinder is and than how ugly Talonflame is?
I though evolving made you better....not aesthetically repulsive....sorry I'm the glamour police.
Me: ......ok. So I assume you have a lot to say about slut bunny (aka lopbunny)?
Kevin: Its hard to pick just one. But it has to go to Altaria it sings and dances
(eat your heart out Meloetta) and it wears cute hats. I'm about cuteness.
She's a working girl. And those legs for days could kill a man so I'd watch out who
you call the s word. No one puts bunny in the corner.
Me: I'd put her in the corner. Giggity. Lol sorry, but I have a little story about that.
So when white and black first came out, my friends daughter was old enough to finally play.
Caught hopbunny (cause she said it was cute.) the moment it evolved (and its her first Pokemon she evolved all on her own)
she goes daddy, look it changed. My boy looks at it, goes wtf, hands me the Ds and says look at this shit. I was just
utterly shocked. My response after about 30 seconds was that someone at gamefreak obviously has a furry fetish.
Which then led to his daughter asking what that meant and us having to recover via bribery with ice cream. Lol
Kevin: It is sad that it's a blatant
reference to bunny girls but no one ever talks about the blatant reference to body
builders in speedos. Machamp....here's looking at you double standard piece of shit.
I can say that right?
Me: And yes. Here at The Next Save Point nothing is too controversial.
NOTHING
Kevin: Lmfao! The saddest part is....she's flat chested all this hoplah over a bunny
that is A, not at all sexualized in the world of the game, but because of the nature
of bunnies and humans dressed as such. The poor Mon has a bad rep. And b....can be male guys.
I'm an advocate for male loppunnies
Me: I know! That's the worst part! There's no difference between male and female lopbunnies.
It's like hey we get all controversial over things like tomagachi life for the 3ds that allows
for you to have a same sex relationship, but a male monster that looks like it could be female
we're not gonna touch. Smh
Me: Personally I don't see the big fuss. It's 2015. People nerd to just enjoy life and not
worry about shit like that. Hell everytime I turn on the news for the past week , Bruce Jenner that, Bruce this.
Shit it does not effect what i do. The man didn't want his nuts no more. So be it. Doesn't mean I need to know.
They're making a spectacle of this whole thing
Just let him be in peace.
Kevin: His story is wonderful though. Just for the record. Watch his interview with that lady.
Its heart breaking. I'm gay so it hits home for me. I'm not into the heteronormative culture
and this male dominated society has be gasping for air half the time.
Its because he was once the worlds greatest athlete
Me: I'm a big advocate for equal rights. Hell, I say just let people be happy.
Kevin: If I wanted to become a woman (I don't) but if I did there wouldn't be all this media coverage and scandel.
Me: The most recent smash bros titles saw the likes of lucario, Pokemon trainer,
charizard, and greninja joins its ranks as fighters. What Pokemon would you like seen made a playable fighter?
Kevin: I think its time we got a more diverse representation of Pokemon. Jigglypuff has
held her own for long enough I think they should add Medicham, and Jynx, and hitmontop
Me: Ah. Ok. A while back on the game cube there was a game called Pokemon xd gale of darkness.
Do you think the next Pokemon game could be a console version or would you like that to happen?
Kevin: Its time for a new battle revolution! Gale of darkness was cool. I never played
it but shadow Pokemon were dope from what my friend Jon Oakes had to say back in the day.
And there are still moves I wish my mons had that were purified move exclusives....
Me: I totally agree on the battle revolution. So the next question may be a bit personal
so if its uncomfortable to answer you don't have to k?
Kevin: I have no boundaries
My backside is my FB profile pic....
Me: About a week ago I interviewed another ecpl trainer named Robyn Stanford. I had asked
her if being a female made it hard for other gamers to accept her seriously. My question
is does your sexual preference make it difficult for you to be accepted in the world of gamers as well?
Kevin: Yes, Yes, Yes a thousand times yes.
Me: I'm sorry to hear that
Kevin: Even in my own magfest group (who effectively is my gaming family) they always
expect me to pick the girl characters and blah blah blah. I'm a cold blooded athlete
and I carry that into any competitive field. Gaming is no different.
I actually play as girls because its so much sweeter beating the shulks and ikes as
Samus and while also holding my LGBTQP card.
Plus I'm a feminist.
Me: I've dealt with narrow minded people before in this aspect. I used to live in Pennsylvania.
I would have game tournaments with my friends and whoever they could round up. My sons godfather
is bisexual and is basically my brother as far as im concerned. He there playing games and
everyone is getting along. His bf at the time comes over and they were kissing everytime he won
a match. Needless to say one of my guest felt uncomfortable and decided to say something to him.
I then told that guest to get the fuck out my house and never darken my doorstep again
And there's nothing wrong with picking women to fight with. Hell in DOA I use Christie, Helena,
Tina, and Hitomi more then any other character. Plus sometimes its fun to play the chick. Half
the time in make female characters and name them after my fiance
Kevin: Good on you mate! Its people like you who say things like that before I can get my
hands around their throats effectively making me possible convict bait.
And lets face it....if I end up in jail....well lets just say id rule the school.
Me: Understandable. I'm too pretty for prison. I'd have to gouge out someone's eyes and
eat them as soon as I make it to Gen pop just to survive. Lol
So at magfest did you enter any tournaments?
Kevin: Just team Magma vs Team Aqua...i wish I had entered some street fighter anything. And I love Hitomi
Me: Her kicks are like perfect to set up feints and combos.
Moving on, with the emergence of E-Sports over the past couple of years, do you see Pokemon ever breaking into this scene?
Me: See its the pretty that will keep you safe and a silver tounge that will remind them whose in charge.
As far as I'm concerned I only have to be as tough as the guy I promised to spread rumors his sleeping
with me in exchange for commissary goods.
What is E sports. Lol sorry I'm ignorant to that topic.
Me: Professional gaming
Mlg, world cyber games. Etc.
Kevin: I do not. Its mechanics are too rigid and formulaic. Anyone with half a mind knows
its a combo of statistics and probability. When I think of professional gaming I think of
fighting games. It would be cool but I just don't feel as a game Pokemon is respected enough
Me: See and thats what bothers me. people dont keep in mind the hours and dedication it
takes to raise a pokemon let alone an entire team around a core mechanic/tactic.
moving on, nintendo has been king of the handhelds for so long. the gameboy, gameboy pocket,
gameboy color, advance (which to me is still one of the greatest handhelds ever) ds, dsi, and now 3ds.
Where do you think they will go from here?
Kevin: Hard to say. They seem stuck.
Me: lol I'm just hoping they don't come out with a new one before they announce the next pokemon game.
I got another kid on the way. lmao
Kevin: Lol
Me: k Kevin few more questions and we can all it a night.
Have you ever lost any embarassing bets playing games?
Kevin: Yes.
Me: What was it?
Kevin: I once had to play as all the characters I hated in smash brothers if I got q fact wrong.
Needless to say...i only hate them more now
Me: lol couldve been worse
ok, if you could use any legendary you wanted in competitive play, what would it be and why?
Kevin: Xerneas because those antlers are everything.
Me: I can not tell you how much of a bane to my existence that damn thing is.
last question. earlier you mentioned mortal kombat. if fatalities could be performed in pokemon,
what pokemon would you do a fatality to, what pokemon would you use to do the fatality and what would the fatality be?
Kevin: Also you never got to it....but i want to share. There is a Mr. Ortiz at the moment.
That isn't my dad or myself. We are taking things slow and we are happy. I will convert him onto Pokemon the moment summer starts
Charizard.......omg Charizard! Charizardddddddddddddddd why Robyn why?!
Me: I was trying to be respectful. Yesterday I interviewed Douglas and stumbled upon a sore spot.
Figured i do my best not to cause any feels. lol
Kevin: Lol not all. I'm over the moon!
Me: Charizard? Robyns I guess. And who would be doing the fatality to charizard?
Kevin: And I'd have Aromatisse to do it. By beating it with a sachet full of sharpened diamonds.
Me: Dear lord, that would just be bloody as all get out.
Kevin: And then slowly pulling those horns off to make a perfumed entitled "yesterdays news ‪#‎hotbreath‬* love you Robyn gurl!
Me: Ooooohhh Brotality!!!!!
Lol well thank you for coming to
the dark side Kevin. And congrats on the relationship. I wish you the best....unless you fight me in Pokemon or
mortal kombat cause then I WILL FUCK YOU UP LIKE NO TOMORROW!
Kevin: Bring it! My Altria will turn you into her finest bone necklace.
With matching boned corset for her pal Giselle (gardevoir)
Me: I'll see you in two weeks punk. I'm gonna kill you damn dragon, stuff it full of cotton,
and give it to my son to drag around the house like he does all his other toys!!!
Kevin: Lmfao. This just in the have stuffed altarias. And its a fairy on the low!
So ha!
Me: And after that, when I've beaten you Pokemon into the mud, as you look to me eyes
pleading for mercy I'm gonna look you in the eyes and say "No."
Kevin: I like your pretend world. But guess what? Its more make believe than fact. See my Bowers!
Now must go before my I burn the poffins

No comments: