Monday, May 4, 2015

Trainer Interview with David Quinn

Me: Welcome to the show Mr. Quinn

So how did you hear about the ECPL?

David Quinn: Magfest! 

Did the gym challenge, totally fun!

Me: How many badges you win?

David Quinn: 9

unfortunately i had to leave sunday morning so I couldnt do the championship

Me: Which ones were they?

David Quinn: The badges were : Dark, Steel, Fire, Rock, Electric, Grass, Fairy, Fighting, and Dragon

Me: Lol hmmm any gyms you have a tough time against?

David Quinn: Each were fun and challenging in their own ways. 

Then of course there were those I just couldn't beat due to a combined factor of their talent 

and me only constructing a team meant for singles (didn't know competitive formats tended not to be singles at the time)

good timing and segueway XD

NORMAL.....F$%# DIGGERSBY

Fighting was someone i went against a few times before i won

Flying caught me by surprise with m-salamence

WATER, HOLY CRAP WATER, $#%#‎er used tailwind + surfs and all his pokes had water absorb, RESISTANCE WAS FUTILE

BUG's choice scarf heracross beat my mega one through flinches and rock slides, so that was an awesome strategy

flinch was the bane of my magfest

Me: Lol I can say that as a former gym leader using had is a legitimate strategy. So what type do you favor the most?

David Quinn: BUUUUUUUG

I LOVE BUG

mascot bug, main type for my gym challenge bug

Me: That would explain your interest in the gym leadership. What's your favorite Pokemon?

David Quinn: Vivillon which is, in my opinion strange considering it is VI gen, right next to it is Umbreon

Me: Nothing strange about that. 

For instance my favorite used to be Blastoise. Then Feraligatr.

Now its drapion

David Quinn: The reason I said it's strange for me is that it seems so soon

but I love that adorable and useful bastard XD

Me: Lol never too soon. 

Vivillion is a legitimate threat. 

So, if you gain the gym leadership, who's gonna be your mascot?

David Quinn: THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST

..... my adorable butterfly Vivillon

Me: Good man. What was your first Pokemon?

David Quinn: oh god.....hmmmmm I actually think I played Yellow as my first pokemon game, so I guess it would be Pikachu

Me: Shame on you. Any other games your currently playing?

David Quinn: Well i liked it because of the anime, but i did get red and my brother got blue

Me: Still hate that little yellow bastard.

Any other games you're currently playing?

David Quinn: Any chance for Puzzle League I use, SNAP I WILL REPLAY TILL I DIE, I play Sapphire to compete/help other trainers

Me: Nice. 

Any games beside Pokemon?

David Quinn: Definitely

I consider myself a FFF

Final Fantasy Fanatic

Me: Hmmm what would you say was the best final fantasy?

David Quinn: ....why are you doing this to me?

Me: Cause my soul is black as night and cold as ice......

And no question is too controversial

David Quinn: ....... I......

the thing is several of the FF's have their best qualities

It's not VII

or VIII

I feel I have the deepest connection with X, so sentimentally, X, but if I had to take an objective approach, I'd say VI

the sentiment comes from growing up with the game through early high school so starting to gain that "this is my story" confidence 

which kind of developed me a kind of entrepeneural lifestyle i have

Me: I can respect that. I just hate when asked that question its immediately 7.

David Quinn: Plus, my fiance and I have replayed X to death, 

seriously, she completed every sphere grid with every character and got every special item

Don't get me wrong, I consider VII a valid choice as any, just not mine

Me: Geez talk about commitment. 

My brother actually found all the chocographs on 9 and completed the game on 100%. Hell he even defeated Ozma

What systems do you own?

David Quinn: And here's where I get embarrased about how much I've spent... 

Gameboy Color (pokemon version), Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, PSP, Super Nintendo, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, PS4, WiiU

my fiancee and I collect video games, rare and series mostly

Me: Nothing embarrassing about that. 

I'm a father of two and collect originals. 

Hell even today I was playing my original Xbox. 

So outside of games, any animes?

David Quinn: Definitely, I know I keep going back to her, 

but my fiancee and I actually met through Soul Eater. 

My personal favorites are Elfen Lied, Cowboy Bebop, Brotherhood, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, 

One Piece, (yeah I'm on that side of the three way match, but I actually appreciate Naruto for what it is, sorry can't stand Bleach) 

I can't turn away comedic animes like Excel Saga, Ouran High School, 

and the extreme stuff like FLCL, Kill la Kill. 

One thing with me though, is I can't watch stuff like Attack on Titan until fandoms die down

Me: Nothing wrong with that. 

I like knowing that gamers interact with fiances who have similar taste. 

For instance my fiance loves Street Fighter

So has your fiance ever beaten you in any games?

David Quinn: We made our own form of Starfox 64 competition where we take cumulative points, 

then add 100 points for each life by the end of the game. winner has the most points,

i sacrificed one too many lives to go to the path i preferred

Me: Lol ever let her win or do you give it your all?

David Quinn: nah she'd kill me if i let her

Me: Lmao. 

Do have any of the current Gen systems?

David Quinn: Yup like I said PS4 and WiiU

Me: K. 

So do you two ever place bets on games? 

For instance loser does the dishes or something...naughtier?

David Quinn: .... how rated is this interview?

I mean I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE IMPLYING *sweats heavily*

Me: This interview isn't rated. Nothing is safe here. NOTHING!

David Quinn: *scoots chains and rope away with foot* 

I mean we try to keep our competitions at a simple task basis, 

like who pays for dinner and stuff, and overall we're not that competitive with each other, 

more or less we help each other compete. 

Like her card will be completed soon.

Me: It's nice to hear that there are those out there who have relationships like that. 

Me and my fiance play injustice.

David Quinnn: Nice, my fiance is more of the mortal kombat side of fighters,

I do smash bros. and pre- soul calibur V soul calibur games

Me: Yeah 5 was ass. 

So, is your fiance into Pokemon?

David Quinn: YUP

daily conversation points

Me: Ah. 

Is she part of the ecpl?

David Quinn: Yup, she's in here

Me: Nice. 

So she will be seeing this.

Hey to davids fiance, he said very nice things about you

David Quinn: Thanks for the help

Me: I believe in the bro code

David Quinn: Ditto

Me: On to the next question, 

since mortal kombat is coming out tomorrow, will you be purchasing it?

David Quinn: She will be XD

Me: lol 

So she'll be whooping that ass for awhile im guessing?

David Quinn: If you mean mine, then yes

Toasty!

Me: Love the vintage quote. 

So any plans for children?

David Quinn: Welp, not from our gene pool, planning on adoption when the time is right

Me: Good man. 

Me and mine were contemplating the same thing till we found out she was pregnant with my first. 

Now shes pregnant with my second one. I plan on raising them both to be trainers.

Although i do believe my first is going the route of electric types

Next question, 

Who would win, Voltron or Big O?

David Quinn: Big O, because practically batman is operating it

Me: Hmmmm, Roger is kinda batman, but i would like to think batman would have a better design for his robot.

So if you are able to snag the title of bug gym leader, what will be your first order of business?

David Quinn: Make it official that you can go against me whenever I'm on until I get tired/someone else challenges.

My goal is to make it as close to the game as possible so if i beat you, come on back

Me: Hmmmm, well i do wish the best of luck to you in that regards, cause someday i will return from exile 

and reclaim my hive. 

So on to the next question, any interesting stories about you and your fiances gaming competition?

David Quinn: Between ourselves or other individuals?

We do tabletop, and we were preparing if there was multi-chmpionship, 

and we actually mostly play single player games, we enjoy watching each other make progress through each others' games

Me: And against each other?

David Quinn: Ah, well there's the starfox one.....

OH YEAH, I STILL HAVENT FORGIVEN HER FOR THIS...

We were playing Mario Party with me dad and brother, I was the only one with a star, 

she got to boo, had 50 coins, I've held a grudge ever since

Me: Oh man, its actually funny you say that, 

me and my ex wife used to play Mario Party 7 for the Gamecube 

and she would let me get all these stars and then have Bowser steal them from me. I used to be livid. lol

So when you two game, what do you usually snack on or drink?

David Quinn: Actually we have our meals around it. 

I typically do cereal and starting to do water (trying to watch it) she tends to do Dr. pepper and whatever

Me: Hmmmm, interesting. 

Have you used games as a way to make up after a fight?

Or do you use them to settle an arguement?

David Quinnw: We dont really fight tbh...they are more like discussions, 

one side may go passive aggressive, but we know how to deal with each other. 

Actually we someimes use games to take out frustration on, but not on each other

Me: Man i must say you have a very healthy relationship. 

How old are you?

David Quinn: 24, she's 22

Me: Man, you guys are quite young too. 

I tip my hat too you good sir. 

Moving along, with disney buying up star wars and marvel, 

do you expect/hope certain characters will appear in Kingdom Hearts 3?

David Quinn: Thanks! 

And i think R2D2 showing up in the tron world as an easter egg could be fun. 

Nothing more though, we dont need "the force" being added on to sue-ish forces like: the heart's light" and friendship

Me: lol I'm personally hoping for a light saber keyblade.

So what do you do for a living?

David Quinn: Insurance through state farm.... anyone in PA need help in that regards, let me know.

Me: Shit I wished you would've told me before i moved to Buffalo. 

I used to live in Harrisburg

David Quinn: XD np

Me: So, next question, 

If you could have any fictional weapon of choice, what would it be and why?

David Quinn: Omega Weapon, he seems like a chill guy.

Me: Omega weapon? I'm afraid im actually stumped here. 

If you could elaborate?

David Quinn: 

img2.wikia.nocookie.net/…/i…/1/1e/OmegaWeapon-ffx.png

Me: Ah. Ok makes sense. lol

In terms of crazy, who would win, 

The Joker or Akabane Jekyl?

David Quinn: Never watched GetBackers, sorry

Me: Ha, you do know!

David Quinn: Nope had to look it up

Me: If you could get your woman to cosplay as any fictional female character for "fun", who would it be? 

And by asking this I'm not implying you don't think your woman isn't beautiful. 

I'm asking simply in terms of mixing things up in your relationship.

David Quinn: Hmmmm

Female Commander Shepherd

Lulu,to stir things up, Mrs. Lovett XD

BAYONETTA

ME: Oh god yes Bayonetta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The question is does she have to the accent?

David Quinn: But i would also like a slew of fem-versions of male characters

One idea we were having for her is fem ike

Me: Hmmmm, i could see a fem Ike. We have a fem Marth

David Quinn: Psh Marth needs no help

i want a strong character not afraid to show some muscle

Paine was close

Me: Ok, two more questions David and I'm gonna let you go.

Who do you feel in the ECPL will be your biggest threat to your gym in terms of the other leaders, should you get the bug gym?

David Quinn: Hmmm, before obtaining the gym in the competition for it, 

I'd say Mr. BuzzBuzz Lee, should I win, I'd consider ghost a big threat.

Some of the gyms i can't comment on because i havent seen their existence, 

but from what i saw, ghost would provide a few problems for me

Me: Hmmm interesting. Last question of the night......

David Quinn: Alrighty

Me: If you could use any legendary in competitive play, what would it be?

David Quinn:.........

Me: dun dun dun

David Quinn: I refuse to use legendaries even in showdown so I honestly don't know, give me a sec on this one

Me: No problem

David Quinn: I'd say Meloetta, mainly just out of a connection I would feel. 

My degree is in Music Composition, for four years of my life were devoted to music

Me: Hmmm nice touch. 

Well David you've been a great guest 

and i hope that this interview doesnt get you in too much trouble with the Mrs. *grins devilishy*

David Quinn: Nah, she expects these kind of things and i enjoyed this, thank you!

Me: No problem. Till next we meet

David Quinn: Indeed

No comments: